15% discount for stays of 4 nights and more out of season. Prices exclude VAT.
Accommodation is limited to a maximum of 12 guests in four en-suite rooms with double beds and 2 rooms with 2 single beds in the Groothuis (big house), Stal (stable) and Meulhuis (mill house).
R6 500 a night for the entire farm including accommodation excluding VAT.
Exclusive use of Justin Bonello’s purpose-built WaenhuisKombuis (fire based kitchen) and entertainment area suited to guests who like to prepare food and break bread together. Includes:
- Two Fridges
- Gas stove for chore cooking
- 10 seater dining table
- Large preparation are
- All crockery and cutlery provided.
- Selection of herbs and spices
- Harvest from the vegetable garden to complement meals
- Potjie Pots and pans
- The main house has two ensuite rooms with double beds and 4 single beds suited to a family with small children. The Stal (stable) and Meulhuis (mill house) offer a further two ensuite rooms. All linen and towels are provided.
- An outside entertainment area with overlooking the spring fed pool. Towels are provided.
- Exclusive hiking short (5 hour up and down) route to the iconic Wolfberg Arch.
- Justin Bonello’s Waenhuis Kombuis Kitchen
- Multiple fire / braai areas.
- Limited solar electricity to charge devices.
- Limited Wifi and there is no network connectivity
To Do Nearby
- Visit award winning Cederberg Wines for a wine tasting (Monday to Saturday – 13 kilometer drive)
- Visit Award Driehoek Wines (30 kilometers)
- Visit Stadsaal, famous rock art and rock formations (6 kilometer drive).
- Vist TruitjiesKraal, rock formations and rock climbing (20 kilometer drive).
- Drive to the local communites of Langkloof, Eselbank, Wuppertal or the Biedouw valley.
- Visit Oasis to watch the rugby (8 kilometer drive for those who can’t miss a game).
- Visit Kromrivier for lunch.
The Klip Werf self-catering veld cottages are ideal for the fully-equipped traveller.
Accommodation is limited to a maximum of 12 guests in three traditional Sederberg veldhuisies on the road to Voelvlei.
R1300 a night for 4 people, please add R100 per person up to a maximum of 12. Weekends and school holidays, minimum stay of 2 nights. Long weekends, minimum stay of 3 nights. On Weekdays, please feel free to enquire about special rates.
We like to use the Rondavel as a central storage area when staying at Klipwerf, but if you are a large group and want additional sleeping space, the Rondavel can sleep up to 2 guests, more if you feel like squeezing in.
Oom Arries se Veldhuisie:4-6 guests
Large thatched veldhuisie that is both cool in summer and cool in winter.
Johan se Veldhuisie: 4-6 guests
As above. A large thatched veldhuisie.
- There are 2 houses with 3 single beds (= 6 beds with mattresses) and a rondavel that can also be used for accommodation.
- Although we provide only 6 beds and mattresses, the houses have ample space to accommodate up to 12 persons comfortably if you bring your own camping mattresses or stretchers.
- Each house is supplied with a paraffin lantern for light.
- There are two sets of bathroom facilities, each equipped with a hot water shower, a washbasin and a flush toilet. We supply the gas for the bathroom facilities.
- There are 2 separate thatched (3×5 meter) braai areas, spacious enough for comfortable seating. Each braai area has an outside water tap.
- Klip Werf is for the fully equipped traveller. Visitors bring their own cutlery & crockery, utensils, cooking appliances, fridges, braai equipment, gas supply, bedding, bathroom requisites, chairs, tables, etc.
- Firewood can be purchased at Keurbosfontein farmstead.
- Any rubbish must be separated, removed, and bought down to Keurbosfontein.
Visitors often travel the road to Klip Werf in ordinary sedan cars, but the last section is in parts uneven and not ideal for motor vehicles with a low clearance.
This exclusive 6000ha concession is in a largely undiscovered part of the Cederberg Wilderness Area, nestled in the rugged Rooi Cederberg Karoo Park and falls within both the Cape Floral Region and a World Heritage Site and is internationally recognised as one of the most unique regions.
The accommodation is limited to a maximum of 8 guests in four traditional thatched, stone-walled veld cottages. Each cottage has its own hot shower and toilet built into clefts in the sandstone cliffs behind the cottages.
There is a central entertainment area with wooden decks, a kaggel kitchen, lounge and dining area and a natural pool. Ozzy Yerlikhaya, Ree Treweek and Justin Bonello tailor-make and host unique experiences at Bakkrans.
There is limited solar power and no connectivity at Bakkrans.