Bookings of 4 nights or longer receive a 15% Discount
Accommodation is currently limited to a maximum of 8 guests ( two en-suite rooms with double beds and 4 single beds) in the Voorhuis and the Ou Kombuis (old kitchen). Further restorations in 2022 will offer a further 2 en-suite rooms in the Ou Meulhuis (old Mill House) and the Stal (stable).
- R4500 a night.
- Weekends and school holidays, minimum stay of 2 nights.
- Long weekends, minimum stay of 3 nights.
- On Weekdays, please feel free to enquire about special rates.
Lounge / Dining Area
Day Kitchen with Kaggel (interior fireplace) for Winter
Exterior stoep with natural pool
Master bedroom with fireplace
1 x double bed
En-suite (shower and bath)
En-suite (shower only)
1 x double bed
2 x single beds
2 single beds or 1 double bed
Note: Not en-suite (facilities to be shared with the Voorhuis)
10m from the Voorhuise
Exclusive use of the purpose built Waenhuis Kitchen. An entertainment area suited to guests who like to prepare food and break bread together.
- Fridge and Freezer
- Gas Stove for chore cooking
- 8 seater dining table
- Large preparation
- All crockery and cutlery provided.
- Potjie Pots and pans
- The main house has 2 rooms en-suite with double beds and 2 single beds. The Ou kombuis can sleep 2 in either single beds or a double bed and toilet facilities must be shared with the main house.
- Outside entertainment area with gas braai overlooking the clean swimming dam.
- Natural pool to swim in. Towels are provided.
- Winetasting at Cederberg wines can be arranged.
Stadsaal (famous rock art site is a 5km drive.
Short and long hiking routes to the Wolfberg Arch.
- Waenhuis Kombuis.
- There is limited solar electricity to charge devices.
- There is limited Wifi and there is no network connectivity.
The Klip Werf self-catering veld cottages are ideal for the fully-equipped traveller.
Accommodation is limited to a maximum of 12 guests in three traditional Sederberg veldhuisies on the road to Voelvlei.
R1300 a night for 4 people, please add R100 per person up to a maximum of 12. Weekends and school holidays, minimum stay of 2 nights. Long weekends, minimum stay of 3 nights. On Weekdays, please feel free to enquire about special rates.
We like to use the Rondavel as a central storage area when staying at Klipwerf, but if you are a large group and want additional sleeping space, the Rondavel can sleep up to 2 guests, more if you feel like squeezing in.
Oom Arries se Veldhuisie:4-6 guests
Large thatched veldhuisie that is both cool in summer and cool in winter.
Johan se Veldhuisie: 4-6 guests
As above. A large thatched veldhuisie.
- There are 2 houses with 3 single beds each and one house with 2 single beds (= 8 beds with mattresses).
- Although we provide only 8 beds and mattresses, the houses have ample space to accommodate up to 12 persons comfortably.
- Each house is supplied with a paraffin lantern for light.
- There are two sets of bathroom facilities, each equipped with a hot water shower, a washbasin and a flush toilet. We supply the gas for the bathroom facilities.
- There are 2 separate thatched (3×5 meter) braai areas, spacious enough for comfortable seating. Each braai area has an outside water tap.
- Klip Werf is for the fully equipped traveller. Visitors bring their own cutlery & crockery, utensils, cooking appliances, fridges, braai equipment, gas supply, bedding, bathroom requisites, chairs, tables, etc.
- Firewood can be purchased at Keurbosfontein farmstead.
- Any rubbish must be separated, removed, and bought down to Keurbosfontein.
Visitors often travel the road to Klip Werf in ordinary sedan cars, but the last section is in parts uneven and not ideal for motor vehicles with a low clearance.
This exclusive 6000ha concession is in a largely undiscovered part of the Cederberg Wilderness Area, nestled in the rugged Rooi Cederberg Karoo Park and falls within both the Cape Floral Region and a World Heritage Site and is internationally recognised as one of the most unique regions.
The accommodation is limited to a maximum of 8 guests in four traditional thatched, stone-walled veld cottages. Each cottage has its own shower and toilet built into clefts in the sandstone cliffs behind the cottages.
At Bakkrans there is a central living area with wooden decks, a kaggel kitchen, lounge and dining area. Ozzy Yerlikhaya and Justin Bonello tailor-make and host unique experiences at Bakkrans.
There is electricity or connectivity at Bakkrans.